Sunday, January 29, 2012

Re: Update on my search for a radhat VIM

On 1/29/2012 8:45 PM, howardb21 wrote:
> Hi All, I've been corresponding with Tony Mechelynck, who has helped
> a lot. I did not want to bother the whole group with this problem. But
> Tony suggested I let you all help. It appears, Redhat and Fedora have
> 3 rpm packages for vim - minimal, enhanced, and gvim for X-!!. The
> `enhanced' is not very enhanced, and a decent set of compiled features
> comes, only with gvim. I'm told gvim will, in fact, run on console
> mode, so finding a functional gvim will solve my problem.
>
> I'm looking for a binary gvim that will work on a university computer
> that has installed this Redhat:
> L
> inux ubunix02.acsu.buffalo.edu 2.6.18-274.12.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Nov 8
> 21:37:35 EST 2011 x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
What version does this show?
$ cat /etc/redhat-release

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: