Monday, January 30, 2012

Re: digraphs and subscripting - ok

Thanks Christian

> It should work, but most probably you only see empty rectangles or
> question marks. This usually means, your font/terminal cannot display
> that glyph and replaces it by a default glyph. The actual codepoints

Correct, before posting I checked the rendering but in MS notepad
and that did not display it either, MS word does though, so I
assume my emails with the digraph will be appropriately rendered
by the recipients' clients.

> For the terminal vim, you need to configure your terminal vim to use a
> different font, that displays those characters.

Alas, I use work from an X-Win32 X-Windows emulator and I have no
access to other that give better support but now at least I have
faith that vim will DWIM even though I cannot see it directly.

Thanks again

Eric

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: