Sunday, January 29, 2012

Re: [vim] Problem with `inoremap jj '

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Clark J. Wang <dearvoid@gmail.com> wrote:
> As recommended by other people I have 'inoremap jj <ESC>' defined in my
> vimrc and it works well for most of the time.
>
> A few days ago when I copy-n-paste a lot of text into vim, the result was
> always wrong. It took me quite a while before I figured out that there was a
> substring "jj" included in the text to be pasted. For now I often :set paste
> before copying large text to avoid unexpected behavior.

If you do this often, you might want to map something else. I have to
admit that the times I've had to paste anything with jj in it are
rather rare, but it's become a habit for me to do :set paste before
dumping in really odd pieces of non-language text just in case. For my
purposes it is essentially never a problem. But YMMV.

c

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: