Friday, January 27, 2012

Re: Completing a column name with sqlcomplete and dbext

On 1/26/2012 3:12 AM, Jonas Enberg wrote:
> Is it possible to actually _complete_ a column name using sqlcomplete
> and dbext? You can get a full list of columns for a particular table,
> yes, but typing part of a column name and pressing<C-C>c returns
> "Pattern not found". Am I missing something here?
>
> What I'd like to do is basically this. Presume I have a table X with,
> among others, columns aa, ab and ac. When typing "X.a" and hitting
> <C-C>c I want a list with suggestions containing "aa, ab, ac".
>
> I'm using Vim 7.3, 64-bit for Windows, sqlcomplete v. 10 and dbext v.
> 13. I'm using standard settings and the following connection profile:
> 'type=ASA:user=dba:passwd=****:host=localhost:srvname=ASDF:dbname=db'.
> Completing table names works fine.
>
Yes, it is possible.

Can you provide a few items:

1. Version 11.0 is the most recent version of autoload\sqlcomplete.vim
I have uploaded that version here:
http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1572

2. dbext is correct, 13.0 being the most recent.

Try it with 11.0 sqlcomplete and see what you get.

Dave

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: