Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Super Search and Vim Scripts for Python

I installed some Python specific Vim scripts and found that, when
editing python files, the "Super Search" does not behave as it does
normally.

If I have the cursor over "foo" in the string "foo.bar" and type the
character *, vim will search for the string "foo" as long the file is
not a python file type.

If I edit a python file and perform the same action, vim will search
for "foo.bar".

What is causing this behavior? I really want it to perform the normal
way unless there is a good reason it does this.

The scripts that I have are

./vim73/autoload/python3complete.vim
./vim73/autoload/pythoncomplete.vim
./vim73/ftplugin/python.vim
./vim73/plugin/pydoc.vim
./vim73/syntax/python.vim
./vim73/indent/python.vim

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: