Sunday, January 29, 2012

Re: [vim] Problem with `inoremap jj '

On Monday, January 30, 2012 2:56:37 PM UTC+8, Gary Johnson wrote:
On 2012-01-29, Clark J. Wang wrote:
> As recommended by other people I have 'inoremap jj <ESC>' defined in my vimrc
> and it works well for most of the time.
>
> A few days ago when I copy-n-paste a lot of text into vim, the result was
> always wrong. It took me quite a while before I figured out that there was a
> substring "jj" included in the text to be pasted. For now I often :set paste
> before copying large text to avoid unexpected behavior.

How are you copy-n-pasting?  If you are using a vim with the X11 and
xterm-clipboard features enabled, have mouse=a, and are pasting with
a mouse in a suitable terminal such as GNOME Terminal or xterm, Vim
will detect that you are pasting and disable mappings.


I usually use vim without X11 from a terminal and the TERM var may be set to linux (for Linux), dtterm (for Solaris), xterm-color (for OS X) or screen (within GNU screen).
 

> So I wonder if the `jj' mapping can be ignored when doing copy-n-paste and only
> work when I'm typing from a keyboard.

This is automatic if Vim is properly configured and used with a
proper terminal.

Regards,
Gary

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: