Monday, January 30, 2012

Re: [vim] Problem with `inoremap jj '

>> it's become a habit for me to do :set paste before
>> dumping in really odd pieces of non-language text just in case.
>
> Why only non-language text--and what do you mean by "non-language"?
>

Because unless I am pasting some kind of computer generated jibberish
rather than text made of words (language), the sequence 'jj' doesn't
appear-- in English it exists in only one word (and a couple of its
variations), and those are actually, in my experience, usually
misspelled so as not to contain the 'jj' sequence anyway.

So if, for some reason, I'm copying non-language text, I just
automatically paste/nopaste. But it's so rare that it's hardly a
burden.

c
--
Chris Lott <chris@chrislott.org>

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: