Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Google Chrome under Linux and problems with "* and "+

Hi all :)

Since this may be my fault (or Chrome's fault) I won't go into deep
details. Instead, I'll show a small example.

I select and copy in Google Chrome (using Ctrl-C) the word "Raúl"
(that is, my name). I open any program and paste, and the text pasted
is exactly "Raúl".

Now I open console Vim under gnome-terminal and I run ":registers".
This is what I have (excerpted):
"* Raúl
"+ Raúl

In the first line the text is correct, but in the second line the
uacute doesn't appear and instead you can see the latin-1
representation.

Any other program I've tested works perfectly when pasting text from
Google Chrome, and Vim works perfectly when pasting text from other
programs, so the problem looks like a weird interaction between Google
Chrome and Vim, or just with the way Google Chrome uses the clipboard
selection.

Anyone knows which can be the problem?

Thanks in advance, guys!

--
Raúl "DervishD" Núñez de Arenas Coronado
Linux Registered User 88736 | http://www.dervishd.net
It's my PC and I'll cry if I want to... RAmen!

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

To unsubscribe, reply using "remove me" as the subject.

No comments: