Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Re: Why is there no :foldupdate?

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Christian Brabandt wrote:

> On Wed, March 31, 2010 5:15 pm, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Paul wrote:
> >> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 03:02:41PM +0200, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> >> > But this looks so fundamental, that I am wondering, whether I am
> >> > the only one who is missing :foldupdate. Does anybody else think
> >> > so? Or am I missing something obvious?
> >>
> >> You are not the only one. Every once in a while I will somehow see
> >> my folds messed up after some serious editing, when I know they are
> >> correct, and have to quit and re-edit the file in order to have
> >> them show correctly.
> >
> > I generally just type Ctrl-L to clear and redraw the screen. For
> > most filetypes I prefer fdm=syntax, so maybe something's different
> > with fdm=expr.
>
> Ctrl-L does not update folds.

Are you sure? Ctrl-L appears to just call redraw_later, and I didn't
fully trace the call tree, but redraw_later seems to end up calling
FOR_ALL_WINDOWS...redraw_win_later, which would end up calling
redrawWinline (which does something with folds), eventually... yes?

All I know is that every time I've noticed an improper fold, I've hit
Ctrl-L to correct the problem.

But again, I don't use fdm=expr. So, maybe whatever mechanism marks a
fold as invalid doesn't use the same logic when fdm=syntax.

--
Best,
Ben

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

To unsubscribe, reply using "remove me" as the subject.

No comments: