Sunday, March 28, 2010

Re: Color Syntax Highlighter

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 03:21:46PM -0400, Carlos Mennens wrote:
> I have Vim 7.2.385-1 on my Linux server and I noticed today when I
> opened up a configuration file for my mail server, one of the
> parameters where not displayed in color like the rest of the file.
> Generally when I see a parameter in a configuration file in white,
> it's a type or invalid command. I did however notice this one command
> was actually listed correct and it was still listed in white. I don't
> understand why so I asked the developers of the product I was
> configuring with Vim and they advised me today the following:
>
> "Your VIM syntax highlighter is out of date"
>
> My question is how can I configure or update Vim syntax highlighter so
> that all my valid configuration parameters are displayed in color. I
> know this sounds strange to make a big deal over one line not showing
> in color but it bothers me and I would like to get it fixed if
> possible.
>
> Thanks for any assistance!
>
> -Carlos
>
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to vim_use+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Figure out what syntax files it's using (from either filetype or :scriptnames),
and either add to it or replace it. See the help topics:
:help mysyntaxfile
:help mysyntaxfile-add

I have used the ~/.vim/after/syntax/ method to add a few missing syntax
items for a couple of file types.

--
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Gregory H. Margo
gmargo at yahoo/com, gmail/com, pacbell/net; greg at margofamily/org

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to vim_use+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

No comments: