Sunday, March 28, 2010

Re: [CURIOUSITY] am i using

On 07/02/10 19:45, Antony Scriven wrote:
> On 1 February 2010 03:26, pansz<panshizhu@routon.com> wrote:
>
> > [...]
> >
> > IMO most serious vim users should compile their own vim.
> > Only casual users should rely on distribution-specific
> > version.
>
> I'm busy enough that I don't even know what the latest
> version of Vim is, never mind compile my own. --Antony
>

Well (I just checked) at this instant the latest & greatest is 7.2.411.
The ":intro" (or :int) command will tell you what _you_ have (and the
few top lines of :version will tell it in more detail). I hope it isn't
5.x or earlier. ;-)


Best regards,
Tony.
--
There was a young poet named Dan,
Whose poetry never would scan.
When told this was so,
He said, "Yes, I know.
It's because I try to put every possible syllable into that last line
that I can."

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to vim_use+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

No comments: