Sunday, March 28, 2010

Re: Trying to suppress "--No files in buffer--" message within plugin

On 28 mar, 14:15, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org> wrote:
>
> Do you mean --No lines in buffer--?

Yes, sorry. Wrote my message late at night.

> I noticed that behaviour, whenever I do :%d in a non-empty buffer.

Yes, I was kind of hoping that that would be the culprit, but it turns
out that the plugin is already doing ":silent %d _".

And in fact, as an experiment, I remove the buffer clearing code
entirely and the "--No lines in buffer--" message persists.

The only thing I could do to eliminate the message was commenting out
the code which eliminates the buffer (using :bwipeout). Obviously
that's not an actual solution, but it at least provided a data point
on how to eliminate the message. Also tried :bdelete and friends, but
to no avail.

The funny thing is that the message appears the plugin sets up a new
buffer and fills it up with stuff. So I'm scratching my head as there
really aren't any buffers at all lying around with no lines in them...

Cheers,
Wincent

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to vim_use+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

No comments: