Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Re: Google Chrome under Linux and problems with "* and "+

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Ted wrote:

> Hi Raúl,
> I've been having the same problem. Somewhere along the line the
> copied text is getting converted from ISO-8859-1 to utf-8. This
> causes problems because it's actually already in UTF-8. So to convert
> the current line back you can do
>
> :.!iconv -f utf-8 -t ISO-8859-1
>
> I have no idea why this is, but this is at least a usable workaround.
> I'd like to know more about this.
>
> I've noticed what seems to be a related issue: If you _select_ (not
> copy) your name in Chrome, and then go to a console and type
> xclip -o
> the ú will be garbled.

FWIW, this appears to work fine for me (both selection and
copying-to-clipboard) with Chromium 4.0.266.0 (Developer Build 33995).

Chromium still seems to be in very volatile development. (I didn't
realize there was even a 'real' Chrome for Linux, though.) It wouldn't
surprise me if this simply 'fixes itself' in some future Chrome release.

--
Best,
Ben

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

To unsubscribe, reply using "remove me" as the subject.

No comments: