Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What are your "auto-nextline commenting" habits? [sj]

Hi,

I have an interesting question for all of you.  Lately I've found I might enjoy the feature that keeps commenting lines after you hit <CR>, as it makes commenting in Perl much easier than having to add # to each of your lines.

My question is... how do you quickly "exit" that commenting mode in a way that isn't annoying or frustrating?  I am not quite sure how to "turn it off" without having to manually delete the new comment starter when I hit the 'o' command to open a new line.  It thinks I want a comment still!

PS:  I noticed this behaviour starting when I installed NERDCommenter.  I am not even sure if I can turn it off if I decide I don't like this newline-commenting feature.

Thank you in advance.

--
smu johnson <smujohnson@gmail.com>

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: