Saturday, August 28, 2010

Re: Controlling the cusor in the file browser

Many thanks Chip Campbell , I had tried Ctrl+^ , but that of course
only takes one to the top of the list . ` :Rex ` is great - Long
Live The King !
All the best ,
yjk271

On Aug 26, 10:46 pm, Charles Campbell <Charles.E.Campb...@nasa.gov>
wrote:
> jyk271 wrote:
> > > From the command line I enter `vim`.
> > I am greeted with the Vim version number etc.
> > Then I type ` :e .` , which takes me to the file browser.
> > I get the usual long list of files,I move the cursor, say to
> > the fourth from the top , enter the file and edit it ,so far so good.
> > NOW I use` ^O ` ie.` Ctrl O` to get back to the file browser,but
> > instead of returning to the name of the file I just opened the cursor
> > goes right to the bottom of the list.Otherwise I find Vim fantastic!
>
> I've tried; you'll find netrw has keepj commands all over the place.  
> I've determined the first place that a jump table change occurs; it was
> associated with a put command (which already had a keepj associated with
> it).  I've swapped in a call setline() in its stead, accompanied by a
> keepj.  Unfortunately, the jump table still changes.
>
> So I don't think I can change netrw to fix this.  Unfortunately, when I
> try doing the commands by hand, the jump table doesn't change, so I
> can't submit a problem report.
>
> In the interim, use
>
> :Rex
>
> Regards,
> Chip Campbell

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: