Saturday, August 28, 2010

Spawning a new instance of Vim via OLE

(Tried to reply to http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_thread/thread/106db49151e51161/,
but didn't work. And by mistake I pressed 'a' thinking it'd be "Reply
to All" as in Gmail and I think it went to Dave directly. Apologies
for that. I'll try to match what I wrote in my original mail)

I'd like to know things are any better with Vim 7.3. I too find needy
to spawn Vim instances in individual Windows. I find it a deadlocking
situation that Vim can be made sever only at startup with --servername
option; and I can't pass any arguments to
CreateObject("Vim.Application") (from VBA). Or is there any registry
settings to tweak to work this around?

I'm not that familiar with Windows technologies; thus it might sound
stupid: how easy would it be to have something like
CreateObject(Vim.Application2) start Vim with particular server name?
Yeah, I meant registering something new with OLE.

Thanks
Jeenu

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: