Sunday, August 29, 2010

rubygems error in ruby 1.9 support for vim 7.3 (on Windows)

Hi,

I've just downloaded vim 7.3 for windows (I'm on Windows XP) which
comes with ruby 1.9 support. I also have ruby 1.9.1-p430 installed. If
I open an irb console and write:

irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
=> false

I get false, which is fine because ruby 1.9 already comes with
rubygems.

However, if I try the same from vim, I get:

:ruby require 'rubygems'
NoMethodError: undefined method `synchronize` for #<Mutex:0x1da8480>

I know the workaround is just not to require 'rubygems' anymore, but
this looks strange to me. Any ideas why I get a different behavior
from within vim? Does anybody have the same problem or is related to
my configuration only?

Many thanks.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: