Saturday, August 28, 2010

Re: Spawning a new instance of Vim via OLE

On Aug 28, 5:34 pm, David Fishburn <dfishburn....@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> My plugin, OutlookVim, creates a number of different public functions.  
> When I want VB to do something it calls a pulic function.
>
> In Vim the public function checks if this Vim instance is the correct  
> one. If so, continues. If not uses Vim's built in remote_send()  
> function to send the command to the correct instance.
>
> There is error checking all the way along.
>
> This allowed me to do exactly what I wanted all via Vim with no  
> external hacks.

In fact I was reading your plugin. In function Outlook_EditFile
there's a check:

if g:outlook_servername == '' || g:outlook_servername == v:servername

If the servername is not set, I think this makes Vim open up another
buffer/tab on the last used/existing Vim window instead of opening its
own one. That's something I'm trying to avoid because I typically use
individual Vim windows for grouping related work - code browsing, or
Wiki editing. I don't want a completely unrelated tab/buffer popping
up in the middle.

Jeenu

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: