Saturday, August 28, 2010

Re: vim can't display characters properly(in other languages besides english).....

On Aug 28, 1:17 am, aksr <aksr.1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> windows xp sp2
> latest vim (7.3)
> -------
> when i change the language for my keyboard(to serbian latin):
>
> if i put ":set encoding=latin1"
> then i get this:
> for chars(č,ć,š,đ,ž) i get(c,c,BS,d,BS): č-c, ć-c, š-(black square), đ-
> d, ž-(black square)
> ..and if i put ":set encoding=utf-8"
> i get, for all(čćšđž), "black squares"...

Just realized this, as I was experimenting with the above text pasted
into my gvim:
I have to set BOTH enc=utf-8 AND fenc=utf-8 if I want to be able to
save and reopen the file without conversion errors. When they're both
the same, your characters seem fine in every font I tried. Of course,
I'm just pasting, not typing...

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: