Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Re: arrow keys don't move cursor but output ABCD in INSERT mode

On 4/07/11 10:56 PM, Tim Chase wrote:
> On 07/04/2011 03:07 AM, Kent wrote:
>> last weekend I finally did the switch from .vim to
>> vim-addon-manager. after the change, I made some small tests,
>> almost everything looks fine. but the arrow key don't move
>> cursor in INsert mode any longer, just ouput A, B, C, and D. I
>> remembered that could be the vi-compatible problem.
>
> This sounds suspiciously like your terminal is sending an escape
> sequence to move the cursor, and that the escape is being eaten.

I just realised I'm seeing this, as I pressed an arrow key by mistake (I
never usually use them)!

So this may be a recent regression.

Which Vim versions are you using?

I might try to do a bisect with Mercurial to identify which changeset
introduced the problem anyway.

I don't use vim-addon-manager, so it's not related to that.

Ben.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: