Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Re: German Umlaut "ä" not working - Resolved

Dear Karol,

that did the trick!
The nasty plugin is code_complete. Of course I can remap the
problematic key to another..

I just want to say, the vim_use-group amazes me.
Always there's someone quickly responding and helping.

Thanks everyone!
Asis

2011/7/5 Karol Samborski <edv.karol@gmail.com>:
> Hi Asis,
>
> Maybe ":verbose map ä" command will give you more information.
>
> Best Regards,
> Karol Samborski
>
> 2011/7/5 Asis Hallab <asis.hallab@googlemail.com>:
>> Dear Vimers,
>>
>> I experience a strange behaviour in Vim.
>> I cannot type the German-Umlaut "ä" any more,
>> while the other two Umlauts still work.
>> This is only true, if I start vim with my .vimrc,
>> loading my plug-ins using pathogen.
>> If I start vim with
>> vim -u NONE
>> the Umlaut works.
>>
>> As I haven't been writing German texts in a long while,
>> I do not know, which of my lately installed plug-ins causes this.
>>
>> If I review ma mappings with :map the first two rows show:
>> "
>> s  ä            @<Esc>ä
>> n  ä           *@:exec 'silent! normal '.<SNR>40_SwitchRegion()<CR>
>> "
>> Could that be the cause of the problem?
>> - But doesn't the "s" in the first row's first column mean,
>> that this is a select-mode-mapping?
>>
>> How do I know, which plug-in defines the above mapping.
>> A grep -R ä * in my plug-in-dir yields no results.
>>
>> Please help!
>> Kind regards!
>> Asis
>>
>> --
>> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
>> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
>> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>>
>

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: