Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Folding recursively/levels

Hi.

I'm having troubles understanding folding, in particular the recursive
folding.
I expect that if I fold a multi-level document (e.g. XML) with "zC" -
"Close all folds under the cursor recursively", and then I execute
"zo" on the fold, it would "Open one fold under the cursor", meaning
that it keeps lower levels folded.
Say you have this xml document (fdm=syntax,
g:xml_syntax_folding=1,foldlevelstart=99).
A
B
C
C
B
C...
B
C...

Execute zC on the A node:
--- xx lines: <A>------
Now executing zo on that line, I would expect to see the following:
A
-- xx lines: <B>-----
-- xx lines: <B>-----
-- xx lines: <B>-----

Instead the whole tree opens up, which is what I would expect to
happen if I used zO not zo.

Are my expectations wrong? Is there a way to achieve this incremental
unfolding I am looking for?

Thanks.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: