Wednesday, September 28, 2011

pythonHelper script optimization!

Hello again!

A month and a half ago I has asked for some help on creating some
functions within gvim for helping me with Python coding and Christian
Brabandt was very helpful in giving me a starting point for me to work
off of. The code itself works perfect, but the performance of the
code while opening a file or making changes is pretty horrible if the
file is a bit long (although not hugely long).

I put the script here so it could be looked at:
http://asylumstudioproductions.com/vim/pythonHelper.vim

What this script does:

- Any tabs or spaces not dividable by 4 generates a red line of text
to say there is a problem with that line
- depth 0 shows in purple
- depth 1+ alternates between cyan and blue

This is to help identify where your scope should be when working in
deeper nested functions.

In any case, anyone have any idea how to improve the performance.
Each line is independent (meaning their result of coloring should not
depend on any other line in the file). I think it is working on the
whole file again each time. Also, while editing a line, I wanted it
to update as I was typing. The original version did not update as
often as I would like.

Any suggestions GREATLY appreciated.

Rick

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: