Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Status line in gvim: lost my input help (command mode input)

Hi,

I somehow lost an important feature in the status line: when in
Command mode, and I want to put the content of buffer "x" 431 times, I
just type

431"xp

This 431 and "x are shown normally in the status line, which is really
helpful. Somehow I lost that in gvim, but it is there in vim
(terminal), and :help statusline doesn't mention that (or I just
haven't found it). Any hint for what keywords I would have to search?

Thanks, really thanks for any hint!

My gvim under Ubuntu / Awesome
:version
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Mar 24 2011 07:07:34)
Inklusive der Korrekturen: 1-35
Verändert von pkg-vim-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
Übersetzt von buildd@
Riesige Version mit GTK2-GNOME GUI. Ein- (+) oder ausschließlich (-)
der Eigenschaften:

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: