Thursday, September 29, 2011

Re: Vim as default email (thunderbird) editor

On Sep 28, 8:31 pm, Reid Thompson <reid.thomp...@ateb.com> wrote:

> i didn't catch whether you noted windows or linux -- i can state that
> windows thunderbird 7.0 does work for me BUT only if the call to gvim
> uses the '-f' parameter.  The '--no-fork' parameter gives an error for
> me.    I have the full path declared    
> C:\MyPrograms\Vim\vim73\gvim.exe -f     for the plugin.

I'm running linux (arch linux). I tried with

gvim --nofork
gvim -f
/usr/bin/gvim -f (also: --nofork)
xterm -e vim --nofork (also: -f)

None of them worked. I even tried:

mv $HOME/.vimrc $HOME/dot_vimrc
mv $HOME/.vim/ $HOME/dot_vim

to see if any plugin or config was getting in the way, but
that didn't help either.

Thanks everybody for all the tips and suggestions on other
alternatives. I'm pondering and trying them all.


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: