Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Re: anoying horiz scroll when scrolling down

On 09/28/2011 03:15 PM, Tim Chase wrote:
> On 09/28/11 07:59, Razvan Rotaru wrote:
>> What happens when I scroll down, is that the cursor is
>> following along. The problem occurs when the cursor jumps to a
>> short line (which is now out of the screen, because I am
>> scrolled to the right) and vim scrolls me back to the left so
>> that cursor remains in the screen.
>>
>> This is incredibly annoying since I have to scroll to the
>> right again.
>
> While it has other side-effects, you might try
>
> :set ve=all
>
> which you can read about at
>
> :help 'virtualedit'
>
> It seems to allow me to jump to the end of a long line and then scroll
> downward with the cursor landing in virtual-space on the short lines
> without triggering the horizontal-scroll back to where the short lines
> would normally force me. You can then just reset it when you don't want it:
>
> :set ve=
>
> -tim
>
>
>
>

I had a similar problem which was solved by :set nostartofline
This prevents the cursor from automatically moving to the first
non-blank character: the column is kept.

HTH,

Cesc

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: