Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Re: can I configure the "default" commands?

Thank you very much. index.txt is what I needed, althought it seems to
be bigger than I first thought.
So I can just map "on top" of this default settings, being careful of
what mode I'm mapping to.
I guess I'll just map keys in normal mode anyway.
if I want to map, for example, u to k and k to l, what should be the
order? Can I do that?
In this case, I've hide the "Undo" function, since the u key will
perform the "Up" function (I don't know if it's correct to call them
functions, but I think you understand me).
Is there a way to know if you've hide any key after mapping?
Have the keys in index an equivalent Ex command?

Thank you

El día 1 de marzo de 2010 14:34, Tony Mechelynck
<antoine.mechelynck@gmail.com> escribió:
> On 01/03/10 13:37, Jorge Timón wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Now I know how to map a command (for example :tabnext) to a key or
>> combination of key (C-TAB). But can I change "default" commands like
>> dd, w, $, 0...?
>> I don't know if "default" is the right name for them.
>> Is there a file where this mappings/bindings are done like
>> map h :cursorleft
>> map j :cursordown
>> ...
>> or something like that?
>> Is there a list of all the default mappings?
>>
>> Maybe you're asking yourselves why would I want to change it.
>> I use a spanish keyborad and some keys (like []{}) aren't very accessible.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>
> To change what w does (instead of "move to word") you may have to remap it
> in Normal, Visual and Operator-Pending modes, but not in Select mode where
> it should (still) replace the selection by the letter w. The {rhs} of the
> mapping may or may not be different for each mode, depending on what you
> want to achieve. Similarly for $. It is not possible to map 0 in Normal mode
> (or it would make it impossible to type a zero as part of a count), try
> mapping <Home> instead.
>
> To change what dd does, remap d (the second d) in (only) Operator-Pending
> mode using an <expr> mapping, because you want to remap it to d (and allow
> remaps i.e. use :omap, not :onoremap) for all values of v:operator (q.v.)
> except "d". Or else, remap dd in Normal and Visual (but not Select or
> Operator-Pending).
>
> The definition of what a key does when starting up (before sourcing any
> vimrc or other script, and before any -c or -cmd command-line switch) is
> defined in the C code, you cannot change it without recompiling (and I don't
> recommend recompiling Vim after patching it for that purpose).
>
> The list of all the default key bindings is in the index.txt helpfile (see
> :help index.txt). To know what one particular key does in one particular
> mode, you should probably use the helptag for that key in that mode.
>
> For "not very accessible keys", OTOH, you want to make some other key
> function as if it were, let's say, Ctrl-], and that in all modes. The
> following example shows what I use for my Belgian keyboard (where Ctrl-]
> requires using Ctrl and AltGr together while pressing the key at the far
> right end of the AZERTY row):
>
>        :noremap  <F9> <C-]>
>        :noremap! <F9> <C-]>
>
> IOW, I use F9 whenever I want to trigger the function of the Ctrl-] key.
> Whether to use :map or :noremap here is a question of whether we want to
> allow or disallow doing something else instead of (for Ctrl-]) jumping to a
> tag (in Normal/Visual) or triggering an abbreviation (in
> Insert/Replace/Command-line).
>
> See
>        :help map-overview
>        :help :map-modes
>        :help v:operator
>        :help :map-<expr>
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.
> --
> ARTHUR: (as the MAN next to him is squashed by a sheep) Knights!  Run away!
>   Midst echoing shouts of "run away" the KNIGHTS retreat to cover with the
> odd
>   cow or goose hitting them still.  The KNIGHTS crouch down under cover.
>                 "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES
> LTD
>

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: