Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Re: [Help] Vim with ssh

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:50 PM, mikeyao <yaoweizhen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried netrw and putty, but it didn;t work.

I never got putty to work (putty's not really meant for that...), but
I did with netrw and pscp. I renamed pscp.exe to scp.exe (making sure
it's in the path) and it worked fine. There are tips on the wiki on
setting variables in your vimrc to tell netrw what executable you want
to use for a given protocol, if you don't want to rename the
executable.

I ended up preferring WinSCP with it configured it to use gvim as my
text editor. You might look into that as well.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: