Friday, August 27, 2010

Re: Can I control a text-flash when copying?

On 08/27/10 09:17, Bill wrote:
> I use Vim 73 on a Windows xp box with mswin.vim. When I select some
> text and copy it (<C-c>), Vim flashes the selected text briefly. I
> suppose this is feedback behavior to say "successful copy".
>
> I would prefer to disable this flashing but can't find how.

This sounds suspiciously like one of two things:

1) it's an error that sounds the bell, but you have "visual bell"
set. You can check this with

:set vb?

to see whether it returns 'visualbell' or 'novisualbell'

2) you're seeing the pair of commands to yank the text (which
then un-selects the selected text) followed by something like
"gv" to restore the previous visual selection. I'm not sure
there's much one can do about this, though the first thing I'd
reach for would be to set 'lazyredraw' and see if it prevents the
intermediate unselected text from being visible.


I suspect it's #2 because you describe it as just the text that
flashes (rather than the whole screen). Perhaps others on the
list will have further ideas.

-tim


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: