Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Re: Possible bug: cchar not applied to region start token when cole=2

Ben Fritz wrote:
>
> On Aug 21, 9:15 am, Stahlman Family <brettstahl...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Now comes the unexpected part... With the cursor on the 2nd line (the
>> one containing the yz region), and Vim in normal mode, the region end
>> token (Z) is displayed as cchar (`-') (as expected), but the start token
>> (Y) is *completely* concealed (as it would be for conceallevel=3). If I
>> enter insert mode, both start and end tokens are displayed as the actual
>> text highlighted as Error. While the insert mode behavior makes sense, I
>> would have expected the treatment of the start and end tokens to be
>> identical in normal mode: i.e., I would expect them both to be replaced
>> by cchar.
>>
>
> This sounds very similar to one of the 2 bugs reported a few weeks ago
> here:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/e49bf0f57b7dc79
>
> These bugs were both fixed, I believe in changeset da067045878f: Fix
> for "concealends". (Vince Negri).

I'm seeing this issue with a version of Vim 7.3 proper (checked out and
compiled on or around August 21), which, if I understand correctly,
should have the fix to which you refer. I looked at your test file and
verified that I don't see the issue you reported; however, you can
reproduce my issue with your test file, simply by adding the cchar
argument to your concealends region definition (e.g., cchar=-), then
using your > map to increase conceallevel from 1 to 2. When you do this,
I believe you will find that the cchar at the start of the region
disappears, whereas the one at the end of the region remains.

It is as though the fix was implemented only for conceallevel=1...

Brett Stahlman


>
> Maybe the root cause is similar? I don't see the issue described in
> the test file attached to the linked vim_dev thread when using the
> test file in that thread. I have not yet tried your test file.
>

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: