Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Re: syntax highlight to html - yeah - poor character rendering - solved

On Aug 24, 4:52 pm, Eric Smith <e...@fruitcom.com> wrote:
>
> > However, I am not getting non-ascii rendering in my html - in the
> > terminal even Icelandic is perfectly rendered.
>
> > I tried setting the var below to my $LANG variable.
> > :let g:html_use_encoding = "en_US.UTF-8"
>
> > no joy
>
> > Is there a fix?
>
> With
> :let g:html_use_encoding = "utf-8"
>

I'm glad you got it working. I'm curious though, why TOhtml's auto-
detection of the proper encoding broke down.

What is Vim's 'encoding' option set to for you? Perhaps this not the
appropriate option to use to detect the encoding to use in the html?

I admit I'm not very knowledgeable in this area.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: