Monday, August 23, 2010

Re: Windows version with Python, Ruby and Lua support?

On 23.08.2010 13:19, Didlybom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is my first post on this list so first I'd like to thank all the
> Vim contributors for your work on this awesome piece of software that
> is VIM.
>
> That being said, I have a question regarding python, ruby and lua
> support (or lack thereof) on the official Vim installer for windows.
>
> I am trying to use some vim scripts that require python or ruby
> support (such as command-t) but when I try to use them on a fresh
> install of Vim 7.3 on windows they do not work.
>
> I've searched on the vim webpage for links to the versions that
> include support for these external languages but I have not found
> them. I also wonder why the default windows installer does not ship
> with support for python and ruby. In my opinion the additional file
> size should not be a problem for most users.
>
> So if you could point me to where I could download the versions of vim
> and gvim that have this language support I would be very grateful.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Angel
>
> P.S.- Please accept my apologies if this post appears twice. I posted
> it once before but I do not see the post in the google groups
> interface so I am reposting it in case there was some problem while
> sending the original email.
>
>
Please try this version: ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/pc/gvim73ole.zip.
It's accesible through http://www.vim.org/download.php#pc.
It has support for perl, python and ruby, although lua is not included.
You can just overwrite the files in your vim installation directory.

cu, Adam.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: