Monday, August 23, 2010

Re: Windows version with Python, Ruby and Lua support?

On Aug 23, 2:18 pm, Adam Duck <adam.ian.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23.08.2010 13:19, Didlybom wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hi,
>
> > this is my first post on this list so first I'd like to thank all the
> > Vim contributors for your work on this awesome piece of software that
> > is VIM.
>
> > That being said, I have a question regarding python, ruby and lua
> > support (or lack thereof) on the official Vim installer for windows.
>
> > I am trying to use some vim scripts that require python or ruby
> > support (such as command-t) but when I try to use them on a fresh
> > install of Vim 7.3 on windows they do not work.
>
> > I've searched on the vim webpage for links to the versions that
> > include support for these external languages but I have not found
> > them. I also wonder why the default windows installer does not ship
> > with support for python and ruby. In my opinion the additional file
> > size should not be a problem for most users.
>
> > So if you could point me to where I could download the versions of vim
> > and gvim that have this language support I would be very grateful.
>
> > Thank you in advance,
>
> > Angel
>
> > P.S.- Please accept my apologies if this post appears twice. I posted
> > it once before but I do not see the post in the google groups
> > interface so I am reposting it in case there was some problem while
> > sending the original email.
>
> Please try this version:ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/pc/gvim73ole.zip.
> It's accesible throughhttp://www.vim.org/download.php#pc.
> It has support for perl, python and ruby, although lua is not included.
> You can just overwrite the files in your vim installation directory.
>
> cu, Adam.

Thank you Adam. I tested this version, but it seems to expect that
python 2.7 is installed (when I ran the command ":python print" it
gave the following error message: "E370: Could not load library
python27.dll").
Since I have python 2.6, do you know if there is a version that is
compiled with python 2.6 support?

BTW, the vim.org download web page does not mention anywhere that the
"OLE GUI Executable" version of the the vim package that comes with
python support. I think that it would be nice if it did! :-)

Thanks,

Angel

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: