Monday, August 23, 2010

vim diff

Hi,
I have a question about "diff".
I've always found "diff" very powerful, and I've never had any issue
with this commad.
Expect that I encoutered a problem, that I wish "diff" would be just
slightly more flexible.

Usually "diff" is very smart in aligning the lines in a way to
optimise its match.
Is there any way that I can set some sort of flag for the "diff"
command to start comparing the files line by line ONLY (and not try to
use any of its smart matching algorithms) ?
line#1 (file1) .... line#1 (file2)
line#2 (file1) .... line#2 (file2)
line#3 (file1) .... line#3 (file2)
...
line#n (file1) .... line#n (file2)

thanks in advance,
Rudy

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: