Thursday, September 1, 2011

Re: Enabling cursorline makes SpecialKey change colour

On 01/09/11 11:24, Paul Giannaros wrote:
> Hi. I use a light background (set background=light). I like tab
> indicators with lower contrast, so I highlight them with light grey:
>
> hi SpecialKey guifg=#dddddd
>
> I recently tried :set cursorline and really liked it. I've set the
> cursor line colour with:
>
> hi CursorLine guibg=#e5efff
>
> Normal line tab indicators are grey, but when I move my cursor over a
> line with cursorline enabled, the tab indicator goes black. I find
> this really distracting. Can I keep the tab indicator colour that I've
> set and still use cursorline? I tried hacking around to overwrite the
> cursorline's overwrite with a new match for /\t\+/ but still ran into
> the same problem.
>
> Thanks, Paul
>

After a little experimenting it seems to be not only the CursorLine
highlight but also the Visual highlight: when I use V followed by
up-down motion to highlight lines of text, with ":set list
listchars=tab:\|_,eol:ś", all my hard tabs (SpecialKey highlight) and
ends-of-lines (NonText highlight) become black everywhere in the Visual
area.

AFAIK there's nothing we can do about it. I don't know if it's
documented (or where) but it might even be intentional.


Best regards,
Tony.
--
If you think last Tuesday was a drag, wait till you see what happens
tomorrow!

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: