Sunday, September 4, 2011

Re: How can I select multiple lines that are not in a continuous chunk?

Thanks for the reply. Now I know it isn't possible to do so.

I was trying to align using Tabularize plugin:

1. name1="Woof"
2. lucky_dog = lucky( "dog_one"= name1,
3. "dog_two"= name1 )
4. name2="Howl"

I wanted it to align like this:

1. name1 = "Woof"
2. lucky_dog = lucky( "dog_one"= name1,
3. "dog_two"= name1 )
4. name2 = "Howl"

But I cannot do so because Tabularize will take third line into consideration, and align everything into:

1.name1 = "Woof"
2.lucky_dog = lucky( "dog_one"= name1,
3. "dog_two" = name1 )
4.name2 = "Howl"

I believe I could think of some regex trick to archive the desired results, it just occurred to me at first that maybe I could simply select line 1,2,4 and make those align.

Then I realized this is not a easy task, and hence the question.

Thanks once again for the advices.


On 2011-09-03, at 9:45 PM, Ben Fritz wrote:

>
>
> On Sep 3, 5:33 pm, K Z <no.deep....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I am trying to select multiple lines that are not in a continuous
>> chunk. E.g., I want to select line 1 and 3 simultaneously without
>> selecting line 2:
>>
>> this is line 1
>> this is line 2
>> this is line 3
>>
>
> Not possible. However, depending on what you are actually trying to
> accomplish, we may still be able to help you.
>
> If you're trying to highlight multiple lines so they stand out,
> see :he matchadd()
>
> If you're trying to run a command on multiple lines, see :he :g
> and :he :v
>
> For any of these, the "match on this line" regex items may be of
> use, :he /\%l
>
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: