Sunday, September 18, 2011

Re: Using :let to view a wildcard of variables

On Sep 18, 10:25 am, ZyX <zyx.vim@gmail.com> wrote:
> In reply to ``Using :let to view a wildcard of variables''
> sent 17 September 2011, Saturday by David Fishburn
>
> > Will display all variables currently defined in Vim.
>
> > One thing I have always wanted to do is:
> > :let my_prefix.*
>
> let d={}
> for [var, d.val] in filter(items(g:), 'v:val[0]=~#"\\v^my_prefix"')
> echo var."\t" d.val
> endfor

Why are you using a dictionary ? Why not simply write

for [var, var2] in filter(items(g:), 'v:val[0]=~#"\\v^my_prefix"')
echo var."\t" var2
unlet var2
endfor

Is it because you want to avoid unlet ? But with the dictionary
I get some error message that it can't be displayed because the
nesting is too deep.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: