Friday, September 2, 2011

searching for consecutive words under cursor


Hello,

I am used to searching for the word under the cursor
by hitting the '*' character and then navigating with the
'n' (next match) and 'N' (previous match) commands.
But now suppose I have more than one word under
the cursor, eg.

foo.bar.cat.nav

the cursor is over "bar". I want to search for "bar.cat".
That should be three words including the dot. I would
like to give the command

3*

but it does not work as I wish. Instead I have to specify
the '/' (forward slash) and type bar.cat manually.

Anyone have a solution or should I submit a feature request?

This would be useful to speed coding in many
object oriented programming languages.

Thanks,

John Goche

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: