Monday, January 2, 2012

Re: Can't write to ntfs file system

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Graham Lawrence <gl00637@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry, should have been more emphatic, I have the ntfs-3g driver.  Vim
is the *only* app that has a problem writing to this device, all
others do so freely.  I have to keep windows to run my printer and tv,
but virtually all the files on this ntfs drive are created in linux.

Sorry, I didn't really know what ntfs-3g meant at the time.

Vim can definitely edit files on an NTFS partition - I do it, and rechecked.  Maybe there is still something to do with the owner, that only Vim cares about.  Can you set yourself as the owner of the directory?  I had problems doing that; I would make myself the owner of the directory, but mounting would change that, so I made those changes to the mount command, and finally got it working.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: