Friday, August 27, 2010

Re: History doesn't work !

On 08/27/10 11:12, Tintin72 wrote:
> If I close Vim and I reopen it, all the history is gone.
> It looks like Vim can't write the history.
> BTW in which file does Vim write the history ?
> It might be a rights Linux pb.
>
> :set viminfo?
> viminfo='100,<50,s10,h

Your viminfo should include items for the history as mentioned in
my previous email. I think you want

:set viminfo+=:50
:set viminfo+=/50

though from my reading, if 'viminfo' has a non-empty value and
doesn't explicitly have ":0" or "/0" to force no-history-writing,
it should default to the value of 'history'. That leads me to
your suspicion that Vim can't write to your viminfo file, so
check your file permissions for ~/.viminfo to ensure you own it
and can write to it.

Be sure to read up on the options for what gets written into the
viminfo file

:help 'viminfo'

as well as when & where it gets written:

:help viminfo-file


-tim

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: