Monday, August 23, 2010

Re: Vim 7.3 - View Previous Commands and Searches

Roy Fulbright wrote:
> I am using Vim 7.3 on Windows Vista. The following scenario worked in
> Vim 7.2, but does not work in Vim 7.3:
>
> While editing a file, I enter the following command - :s/a/b/
> I then enter a colon (:) and press the up and down arrows to view and
> select any previous commands I have entered.
>
> While editing a file, I enter the following search - /abc
> I then enter a slash (/) and press the up and down arrows to view and
> select any previous searches I have entered.
>
> What option(s) must be set to restore the ability to view previous
> commands and searches?

Vim 7.3 hasn't changed this feature. So I'll ask some questions about
your setup:

1) where did you put your _vimrc (or .vimrc)? You do have one? It
should be in the $HOME directory (fire up vim, :echo $HOME)
2) does your _vimrc/.vimrc have a set nocp in it?
3) are you talking about search history/command history generated during
one session with vim, or with multiple sessions? If the latter, check
into :help viminfo and make sure that you have the viminfo option set
4) do your problems with search/command history also occur when you
start up vim with vim -u NONE -N ?

Well, that'll be a start.

Regards,
Chip Campbell

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: