Monday, August 23, 2010

RE: Vim 7.3 - View Previous Commands and Searches


 

From: rfulbrig@hotmail.com
To: vim_use@googlegroups.com
Subject: Vim 7.3 - View Previous Commands and Searches
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:13:27 -0400

I am using Vim 7.3 on Windows Vista. The following scenario worked in Vim 7.2, but does not work in Vim 7.3:
 
While editing a file, I enter the following command - :s/a/b/
I then enter a colon (:) and press the up and down arrows to view and select any previous commands I have entered.
 
While editing a file, I enter the following search - /abc
I then enter a slash (/) and press the up and down arrows to view and select any previous searches I have entered.
 
What option(s) must be set to restore the ability to view previous commands and searches?
 
Thanks,
Roy

UPDATE - SOLUTION:
The installation placed _vimrc here: C:\Program Files (x86)\vim\_vimrc
I moved it (actually my _vimrc from 7.2) to: C:\Program Files (x86)\vim\vim73\_vimrc
 
I now remember having to do this when installing 7.2. Why does the installation
location (C:\Program Files (x86)\vim\_vimrc) cause such differences?
 
Roy
 

No comments: