Wednesday, February 12, 2014

installation issues on Windows 8.1

Hi all,

I have been a user of vim for years, and have installed it on Windows XP/7, linux, macos, etc and haven't seen this problem.

I am (trying to) install it on a Windows 8.1 machine, using the self-installing exe (gvim74.exe) from the website.

Once it is done (successfully it reports), it cannot find any of the colorschemes, and there is no help available. I can't imagine what I could have done wrong, but obviously I have done something.

In my many attempts, it has installed to: C:\program files (x86)
and to: /Users/me/bin and to /Users/me

none of which make it happy.

When I have moved the colors directory to where it can find them, it says it cannot allocate color khaki (for example, and many others).

I hate to be some remedial in this, but wow -- this hurts!

Thanks!
:bp:

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: