Thursday, February 13, 2014

Re: installation issues on Windows 8.1


On 2/13/2014 10:53 AM, Steve Hall wrote:
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 7:18 PM, billy pilgrim <bp.tralfamadore@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am (trying to) install it on a Windows 8.1 machine, using the
> self-installing exe (gvim74.exe) from the website.
> Once it is done (successfully it reports), it cannot find any of the
> colorschemes, and there is no help available.  I can't imagine what
> I could have done wrong, but obviously I have done something.

Try my installer (Vim without Cream), it works on my Win8.1: 


Freshly updated to 7.4.179. (Sorry, all, for the delays. I found an HG
bug: Google changed the repository to disallow https.)


-- 
Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]
SteveHallArchitecture http://SteveHallArchitecture.com


Thanks!  That works!

Now, what happened, or why does yours work, and the others do not?  I can't be the only one to (will) have this issue, can I?

I'm happy (and productive) now -- thank you very much.
:bp:

No comments: