Sunday, August 28, 2016

How to reference characters within visually selected text within a function?

Hi,

I have a question. I am trying to create a function that uses visually selected text. For example:

Let's say I have

12345

And I highlight the characters

234

How would I access the selected text '234' within a vim function?

Or another example, let's say I have

12345
abcde

And I highlight (using visual block) the characters

234
bcd

How would I access the selected text within a vim function?

Sincerely,
Jon

P.S. I just recently subscribed.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: