Monday, August 29, 2016

Re: Create Autocompletion snippets for Custom Code

Luc,

Thanks. I updated it and it is working. I will test and will let you know.

Thanks again.


On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 9:08:19 AM UTC-5, Amit Christian wrote:
> Luc,
>
> Thank you. I installed the plugin. But I can't get it to work.
>
> I have attached the error. I have followed the direction and got all the plugins (as shown below).
>
> git clone git@github.com:LucHermitte/lh-vim-lib.git
> git clone git@github.com:LucHermitte/lh-tags.git
> git clone git@github.com:LucHermitte/lh-dev.git
> git clone git@github.com:LucHermitte/lh-brackets.git
> git clone git@github.com:LucHermitte/searchInRuntime.git
> git clone git@github.com:LucHermitte/mu-template.git
>
> Thanks.
> On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 6:22:06 AM UTC-5, Luc Hermitte wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > I am looking into that. I am beginner/intermediate level of Vim user.
> > > And I find it really hard to add my own custom snippet in the
> > > mu-template. Can you give me some ideas of how to add simple
> > > snippets.
> > >
> > > For example
> > > -----------
> > >
> > > I would like to add the following for the trigger `openr`.
> > >
> > > OPENR, unit, filename, /GET_LUN
> > >
> > > cursor here
> > >
> > > CLOSE, unit
> > > FREE_LUN, unit
> >
> > Indeed, I see I shall add a "how do i create a new snippet/template?" section in the help.
> >
> > I don't know the filetype your snippet is for, let's say it's "foobar".
> >
> > Create a "template/foobar" directory under the vimfiles/ directory in your $HOME (%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% in windows).
> >
> > In your $HOME/vimfiles/template/foobar, create a file named openr.template, it should get filed with default mu-template boilerplate settings.
> >
> > Then, add what you want in your template file. If you keep the default
> >
> > VimL: let s:marker_open = '<+'
> > VimL: let s:marker_close = '+>'
> >
> > Your can define placeholders with "<++>", or "<+placeholdername+>". It's even possible to accept parameters that can be injected from other snippets, or programmatically. (see :h s:Params()).
> >
> > So, I guess, your template would look like:
> >
> > VimL: let s:marker_open = '<+'
> > VimL: let s:marker_close = '+>'
> > OPENR, <+unit+>, <+filename+>, /GET_LUN
> >
> > <+cursor here+>
> >
> > CLOSE, <+unit+>
> > FREE_LUN, <+unit+>
> >
> >
> >
> > NB: I've simplified the explanation regarding the exact directory where you could put your new template files. see :h MuT-paths-override
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > --
> > Luc Hermitte

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: