Friday, August 19, 2016

Re: Vim 8 pre-announcement

(Sorry if this is not the right place to ask the following question)
I use vim's conceal feature (for comments/tags/notes/reminders/corrections/variants, etc...) about the text (not code) I write in .txt files. This allows me to see either the ur-text, or the full W.I.P.

However I am a little frustrated by one fact : conceal hides the text I want to hide, but :

- if the line (text + concealed comments) I write is longer than the screen width (in my case about 200 characters),
- even though my text is 150 characters long and my concealed comments are 100 characters long
- it will show one line but in 2 screen lines, because, if I have correctly understood, it works on the full text and not only on the un-concealed text

I insist : this is a minor frustration, but has this problem been by any chance treated in vim 8.0 ?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for vim

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: