Monday, March 1, 2010

one instance of gvim on windows?

One of the reasons I use vim; it is available AND the same on all
three platforms, Unix, Mac, Win. The real reason; vim is great.

Now... sometimes I must work in Windows, when I double click a
document it opens gvim, and that is good. But when I double click
another document, another instance of gvim is spawned.

On Windows, is it possible to prevent new instances of gvim and have
the document open in the current gvim by double clicking?

I know I can drag'n'drop or open from within gvim, but sometimes I
forget and double click a document. :(

-Bill

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: