Saturday, January 29, 2011

Help, please

I use DropBox. I edit a file on computer "A" and FORGET to exit vim. Now on computer "B",
the .swp file prevents me from editing. I know I can ignore and just to go computer. However, VIM
and DropBox could solve my problem by having an option to update on 1,4,16,64,256 second intervals
and abandoning the lock file that is the .swp file. DropBox has solved the SYNC problem. Please embrace
it and make DropBox and VIM work as people WANT, not as developer's expect.

Ed Bradford
egbegb2 AT gmail DOT com

--
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: