Saturday, January 29, 2011

Re: Starting out with VIM and C++

> I just started an introductory course on C++, and I would like to take the
> time to use VIM as an IDE. What do I need to do to get colored syntax and
> make it more usable for C++ programming?

Nick,

Since you are new to C++, you are likely to write mostly single-file
console/terminal programs. For this kind of work, I would modestly
recommend my own :) plug-in Side-C (script #2434).

It's a very simple gvim IDE for at least Linux and Windows that
transparently invokes the compiler, opens/closes the quickfix
(i.e. error message) window as necessary, runs the executable
program in several modes, and does several other useful things.

I myself happily use it on a daily basis so it must be good enough :)

Boyko

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: